Living Life In A Wheelchair

Home | Blog

Requested My Orthopedic Assessment Be Postponed
[ Tuesday January 5th 2021 at 10:12 am ]

I have requested my orthopedic assessment be re-booked for about 3 weeks from now. I have an appointment with the person responsible for my pain control next week. She is aware of the stem cell transplant available for knees. I am thinking of asking the surgeon to refer me for this assessment as the next of the least aggressive strategies for my knee treatment.

This is far from an automatic recovery. The available stem cell transplant doesn't use the high grade stem cells being researched in the labs. I was already cautioned not to get my hopes up of a recovery. At least in my perspective the reasons to pursue this outweigh the reasons not to. This won't prevent future knee surgery if needed.