Helping Veterinarians Give Back To Their Community
Consider setting up something similar to "take a penny, leave a penny" in your veterinarian practice. This could be accomplished while fostering a strong sense of community among the families who come to you for the medical treatment their pets require.
Money could be raised through events such as:
- Hosting BBQs during the summer months
- Creating statutory holiday events
- Hosting animal competitions
- Arranging for glamour photos of the pets in your veterinarian practice
- Offer Christmas photos for pets and their humans
Place the money each event generates into a special account. Use this money to help cover medical expenses when a family is facing financial hardship so their pet won't go without treatment or to cover a missed payment when it has been necessary for a client to enter into a payment arrangement for expensive treatment their pet required.